Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lin-sanity


Have you heard of Jeremy Lin? He's a basketball player for the New York Knicks. And you know you've made it if I've heard of you (well, in sports at least). I couldn't begin to tell you if he was a decent basketball player but I do know he graduated from Harvard with a degree in economics.

I think some of the fascination with Jeremy Lin is because of his degree. I searched through google and had a hard time finding any list of NBA players that had a college degree (although apparently it's around 21%) . I did find numerous articles of how a majority of players go broke after their career because they mismanaged their money and then have nothing to fall back on. So I'm going to go out on a branch and assume if there are degrees, they aren't helping these guys out.

Some athletes I found with (some form of) degrees: Shaquille O'Neal, these guys (Russell Westbrook, Jeff Green and Kevin Durant), and Darrell Stuckey. I'm sure there's a ton more but that was just a quick google search.

Here's the stories I found, apparently this is an issue (although one look through my college teams degree choices would have told you that as well).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...