Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Budgeting for College...Applications

budgeting means putting my credit cards on lock down. sadness :( 

Before I started applying (or writing my essays) I looked up how much it was going to cost for me to actually submit an application. Mostly so I would know before I turned it in. And to get the shock out of the way first.

I estimated that each school was going to cost me about 100-200 (American) dollars. Which was super excessive with some schools and right on target with others. Whatever remained I split between my future college costs and my "congratulations/splurge account".

For instance...after completing five applications, I bought myself a new dress and a new belt and a coffee.


  1. Mossimo Crepe Dress with Cascade Ruffles. In blue, found at Target
  2. Skinny belt. I tried to put the teal one I had on their but oh well. In real life, it's teal...
  3. Nude pumps


After applications are all done (I've got a couple more) I'm going to start figuring out my future budget for college. Which might be slightly excessive. But I'd rather be incredibly prepared than broke and stuck. No matter where I end up going, I want to go exploring in the surrounding areas, shop, eat out with friends, party (although I can't drink) and live more or less comfy. So, budgeting is the way to go. 

While perusing Google images for student budgets and grad school budgets, budgets by countries, budgets for certain schools (it's going to be awhile on those budgets), I found an info-graphic that I love. I got a little snapshot but the entire info-graphic has a ton of information and is kinda scary. 

Via: Infographic called How Much Americans Save Annually

Apparently Americans spend more than 90% of their disposable income. That's scary. 

Perhaps I should add "budgeting the Chinese way" to my google search? 



Image Sources: 

2 comments:

  1. Do the nude flats give toe cleavage? I was looking for something just like these and they're very affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the nude flats give toe cleavage? I was looking for something just like these and they're very affordable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...