Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Anna Wintour is my new hero

I'll admit I'm not a disciple of Vogue. Or anything incredibly fashionable. I'm afraid I'm stuck with Lilly and anything pink. And I have a love for shift dresses.

Anna Wintour would HATE my wardrobe. Sorry Ms. W.

Anna Wintour from the Wall Street Journal


But this week I feel in love with Anna Wintour because she was adorable and sassy (and quite effusive) on the Colbert Report and she supposedly banned Kim Kardashian from the Met Gala.

I don't hate Kim Kardashian. I'm just really, really, really tired of her. She's lasted longer than Paris Hilton, but they're both famous for the same reason. And it's not a reason I think any female would be thrilled about. That being said...I do like Khloe. I can't help myself.





I hope that video works. It's Anna Wintour on The Colbert Report. And I've only linked to YouTube because its easy.

Anyways, Anna Wintour was there to promote the show Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations that's showing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute (Met Gala = Met Museum...if anyone didn't link that). And she has a "date" with Colbert to go to Long John Silver's while wearing zebra striped sweatpants. Total hoot.

Anna Wintour and Stephen Colbert on the Colbert Report via The Hollywood Reporter

I love Colbert. He actually told her that he didn't trust Prada because he heard the Devil wore Prada. Even I, in my tulle loving gynocentrism, knew what he was hinting at. Anna Wintour took it like a pro.



Extra Articles:

  1. Wall Street Journal, picture and article on Anna Wintour
  2. Anna Wintour bans Kim Kardashian from Met Gala via Fox News
  3. Did Anna Wintour really ban Kim Kardashian from the Met Ball via Fashionista
  4. Anna Wintour Wikipedia page
  5. The Metropolitan Museum of Art's exhibition of Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversation exhibition
  6. Anna Wintour, the comic? Vogue editor is surprisingly funny on Colbert via the Daily Mail
  7. Colbert Report video from the Colbert Nation
  8. Anna Wintour spars with Stephen Colbert on Fashion, Art and Gay Marriage, also with pictures from the Met Gala via The Hollywood Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...